Church Surselva
Church Sogn Giachen e Sogn Philipp, Morissen


Description
The church is open from 08:00 - 18:00.
The church is first mentioned in the indulgence letter for St. Vincentius from 1345 under the patronage of St. James and St. Christopher, but the secondary title disappeared as early as 1484. The ecclesiastical emancipation of Pleif began in 1702 with the establishment of a chaplaincy; baptism and burial rights in 1807, elevation to parish status in 1907. The first mentioned church from 1345 disappeared in 1484 (report 1643). The present church was rebuilt in 1867/68.The high altar was taken over from the old church.Altar: wooden construction, around 1720, two late Gothic columns of St. Jacob and St. John the Baptist. Tabernacle around 1680, side altars 1709.Sacristy: Gothic vestibule cross, on the medallions the head of Christ and Pietà.Bells by Gebr. Theus, Felsberg, 1885. A bell casula made of silk, gold and red patterned with two crossed bird necks, the staff made of cyprus gold, around 1200, is in the Disentis monastery. A wooden sculpture of St. Martin from the 15th century is in the Swiss National Museum.
(Text recorded by: Regiun Surselva)
Contact
Church Sogn Giachen e Sogn Philipp, Morissen
Responsible for this content: Surselva Tourism.

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.